Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA) conference proceedings publishes high quality papers selected out of papers presented at APAEA’s conferences. Each APAEA conference is affiliated with either SCOPUS indexed or social science citation indexed journals. The APAEA conferences encourage presentation of papers broadly in the fields of economics and finance that make use of advanced econometric techniques and new datasets to test economic models and hypotheses related to finance and economics. Common topics of importance to conference participants are those that test economic models and hypothesis using new datasets and/or methods, forecasting financial time-series data, financial market performance, macroeconomic stability issues, panel data models, energy finance, economic growth and productivity, and econometrics methods including financial econometrics. These are the types of papers that are ultimately published in the APAEA conference proceedings.
Editor-in-Chief: Paresh Kumar Narayan, Alfred Deakin Professor, Deakin University
Series Editor: Seema Narayan, Associate Professor, RMIT University
Advisory Board: http://www.a-paea.org/governance/advisory-board
Authors and Authors Responsibilities
The APAEA conference proceedings will, at all times, uphold the integrity of the scientific record and will, as a result, follow the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines to deal with potential acts of misconduct. Publications in the APAEA conference proceedings are free for viewing and reading in that there is no submission fee. Authors submitting their papers for consideration to the proceedings must adhere to the following:
· Manuscript should not include author(s) already published manuscript either in full or part that would deem to represent self-plagiarism.
· There should not be any fabrication and/or manipulation of data to support a particular conclusion and/or hypothesis.
· No data, text or theory should be copied from others (either published or unpublished). Proper acknowledgement all works of others must be provided.
· The conference proceeding may use the ithenticate (or equivalent) software to screen articles for plagiarism.
· The corresponding author who submits papers to the conference proceedings must duly include full names and affiliations of all co-authors and must have secured the approval of all co-authors before any submission to the proceedings.
· Authors whose names appear on the manuscript should have contributed sufficiently to warrant authorship and must share collective responsibility and accountability for the results.
· Authors should ensure that the order of authors and correct team of authors is listed on the title page of the manuscript. No changes to these can be made after the proceedings is published.
· Requests for addition or deletion of authors at the revision stage or before an editorial decision is reached is possible conditional on written consent of all authors concerned. If the editorial board requires more information to make such a decision, this will be conveyed to the authors in writing.
· Upon request the corresponding author should be prepared to send all relevant data (data documentation including construction) and codes in order to verify the validity of results. Sensitive information in the form of confidential or proprietary data is excluded from the said request.
· If author(s) discover significant errors or inaccuracies, they must promptly notify the proceedings editor and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper. Each author is therefore obliged to participate in the peer review process and provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
· Author(s) must notify the proceedings editor of any conflicts of interest.
Peer Review Process
The APAEA conference proceedings follow a single blind review procedure. All papers submitted to the conference go through a single blind review procedure such that those papers that are ultimately published in the Proceedings have undergone a review process. The conference and, therefore, the proceedings rejection rate stands at 50%. The low-quality papers, which in the view of the conference scientific committee and the Editor of the proceedings have low chance of advancing knowledge and contributing to the literature are desk rejected without sending them for a formal review.
The objective of the review process is to evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, citizenship, of political philosophy. The reviewer(s) comments are aimed at improving the quality of manuscripts.
The APAEA conference proceedings ensures that reviews are conducted objectively, where personal criticism of the author(s) is not entertained. Reviewers are encouraged to express their views clearly (in the English language) with supporting evidence. Reviewers are encouraged to notify the proceedings editor of any cases of any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper that the reviewer is aware of.
Editors take responsibility for upholding the scientific rigor of conference proceedings papers. Editors will be guided by reviewers in making well-informed decisions regarding acceptance or rejection of a manuscript keeping in mind the manuscript’s originality, clarity, and relevance to the scientific literature. In this editorial pursuit, the editor will ensure that the manuscript conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
Editors will be ready to deal with any cases of research misconduct by way of publishing corrections, retractions, clarifications and/or apologies where appropriate. The editors will not entertain any form of research misconduct and will also seek solutions following the COPE guidelines.
Copyright and Access
Authors retain copyright of their papers. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author(s) and publisher are correctly acknowledged and at the same time the highest publishing and ethical standards are ensured.
All papers will be published in a proceeding named after a conference online at http://www.a-paea.org/conferenceproceeding and will be available for free download.
All conference proceeding issues will be archived online at http://www.a-paea.org/conferenceproceeding